Adopt a cat
Cats Protection believes that there is a home for every cat and never puts a healthy animal to sleep. If for any reason your circumstances have unfortunately changed, please feel free to let us help you. Your cat can stay in your home and we can put them up for re homing on our web site.
If you wish to give a home to one of our cats or kittens please phone 01569 739396 Ext 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our priority is that Cats have the right home and care:
- Kittens always get homed quickly but adult cats also have a lot to offer.
- Older cats are usually much more sensible than kittens or younger cats. They require much less supervision than their younger counterparts and are often content to just watch the world go by. They enjoy being made a fuss over more than younger cats and make excellent companions.
All our cats in our care will have received the following:
- A veterinary health check including any treatment prescribed by the vet to ensure it is free of fleas and intestinal worms
- Had at least their 1st Vaccination
- Neutering if older than 4 months
- 4 week Pet Plan insurance FOC
All of the above will have cost the Branch a minimum of £30 (£60 + if a cat wasn’t already neutered when handed into our branch). To have the above done by your own vet will cost far more.
KITTENS: You will often see kittens advertised in the local press for £30 - £50. These kittens will not have been health checked or vaccinated.
ADOPTION: Adoption is subject to a home visit and out adoption fee is set at £50 per cat - this goes towards vacccinating and mirco-chipping your cat.
Cats Protection asks adopters for an adoption fee when rehoming a cat. If you feel able to make a donation on top of the fee that would, of course, be gratefully received. We know times are hard so thank you for your decision to rehome a CP cat!
Please think long and hard about adopting us - we want to have permanent homes!
Some of the cats in our care may not yet be on our website. If you are looking for a feline companion, please contact us on 0345 6470 489